The simple answer I yes. However the costs relating to this type of action can be prohibitive. The suit is for contribution, but, again, it can be expensive. You can force a sale of the property through another suit asking for the property to be partitioned or sold. The court will supervise any such action. This is the time you should be reimbursed for your friends share of the expenses before the proceeds are divided between the two of you. We are experienced in this type of litigation and can help. Please contact me for a free consultation.

John W. Drury is with the law firm of Matecun, Thomas & Olson, PLC in Howell. He answers readers’ questions on legal matters affecting individuals, their families and their businesses. Email questions to [email protected], or if your question is urgent, call (517) 548-7400. The information in this column is not intended as legal advice.

Post a Reply