Circumstances in every family change over time and often those changes
affect child support. The Child Support you pay or receive can be affected
by changes in income, overnights, daycare costs or health insurance costs.
At Matecun, Thomas & Olson we offer a free Child Support Review to
determine whether the child support you are now receiving or now paying
is correct. As a part of our review of your support situation, we look at the
- The number of overnights each child has with each parent.
- W-2’s, 1099’s and K-1’s from the previous tax year for each parent.
- The most recent Tax Returns filed by each parent.
- The most recent pay stubs from each parent.
- Any employment contracts from each parent.
- Daycare costs for each parent.
- Health Care insurance premiums and costs for each child.
If you believe that your child support may need adjustment, contact me for
a free Child Support Review.
Michael Olson is a partner with the law firm of Matecun, Thomas & Olson, PLC in Howell. He answers readers’ questions on legal matters affecting individuals, their families and their businesses. Email questions to [email protected], or if your question is urgent, call (517) 548-7400. The information in this column is not intended as legal advice.