One of the toughest decisions you have to make when
contemplating a divorce is which lawyer you should hire. You are
trusting a stranger with some of the most important decisions you
will ever make. Selecting the right divorce lawyer means finding
a lawyer who is competent and that you trust. Here are some
questions that you should ask:
- Are you willing to discuss alternatives to divorce?
- Have you previously handled the issues involved in my case?
- Do you want what I want, or do you have your own agenda?
- Do you get along with the Judges and other Court staff?
- Do you have experts that you regularly work with?
- Will you personally handle my case?
Email me at [email protected] or call me at (517) 548-7400 for a FREE DIVORCE CHECKLIST and to schedule a FREE one-on-one consultation on any subject.
Michael Olson is a partner with the law firm of Matecun, Thomas & Olson, PLC in Howell. He answers readers’ questions on legal matters affecting individuals, their families and their businesses. Email questions to [email protected], or if your question is urgent, call (517) 548-7400. The information in this column is not intended as legal advice.