After your divorce is complete and the judge’s orders have been issued, what happens if your former spouse does not comply with the orders? This occurs far more frequently than you might imagine. Fortunately, in Michigan you are allowed to take steps to enforce divorce judgments.

At Matecun, Thomas & Olson, PLC, we have extensive experience enforcing divorce judgments, including matters involving child support, custody and parenting time, debt repayment, property division, spousal support and more. Our attorneys have established solid relationships with judges and the Friend of the Court (FOC). We will use our experience and understanding of divorce law to help ensure the orders in your divorce judgment are enforced.


Many people believe that once the Court has made its decisions about child support, child custody, parenting time, spousal support and other matters, the decisions are set in stone. This is not the case. The fact is, circumstances following a divorce change over time: income changes; relationships between children and parents change; people lose jobs, get higher paying jobs, remarry and more. This is why the Michigan legal system makes it possible for certain orders in a divorce to be modified, and in some situations, changed completely.

If you believe your circumstances, or those of your former spouse, warrant post judgment modification, we can help. Modifying existing orders is not easy, but we have helped numerous clients do so, as well as successfully defended clients against having original judgments modified. Contact our Livingston Count or Macomb County attorneys today to discuss your case.