I am a looking to buy some property with a friend of mine as an investment. The seller tells me that his Real Estate Agent and the Title Company will handle all of the paperwork. Do I need a lawyer of my own or can I just use their documents?

The simple answer is, YOU NEED YOUR OWN LAWYER! Many people rely on Real Estate Agents to handle complicated legal issues regarding the sale and purchase of real estate. Remember, the Real Estate Agent works for the Seller, not you. The single most important document in any real estate transaction is the Purchase Agreement. This… Read More »